A Fill in the Blank Editor
- Price: $0.99 In Apple Store
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 2010-03-03
- Current Version: 1.0
- Size: 0.00 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tyler Brassfield
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch (4th generation), iPad 2 Wi-Fi, and iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G. Requires iOS 3.1.2 or later
- © 2010 Tyler Brassfield
Add to Favorite apps
Free thru the weekend! Get it while it's on sale!Necessity truly is the mother of all invention. I was sitting in a class over the weekend, and the teacher handed out an outline with numerous blanks on it to be filled in. There was only one…..
Rated 1/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Next to worthless
Alli Flowers write:
I use a lot of pdf files and thought this would be something incredibly useful. Unfortunately, once you take the photo of the document, what you see is what you get. IOW, you can't zoom in to accurately fill in a blank, and if you have a form with a lot to fill in, you can't do it with this. I can fill in the blanks better using a photo editing app that allows you to add text. I'm very disappointed.
Nice concept, but does need some enhancements if it's to become user friendly
1) Need ability to accurately point to location for adding text - either through a zoom function or a type of camera focal pointer onscreen to validate that is where you want to edit text before jumping into the text mode.
2) I was not able to get this app to select any location of my images document - no matter where across the page I tried, it opened up the text editor on a location left- most side of the screen. Rarely do I find blanks before the description or question.? Fixing this would save a lot of time in hitting the spacebar repeatedly to line up the text with that blank.
3) adding an option to send the finished form via email or text/mms would be most useful. That way it could potentially paste inside the message rather than show as an attached item only.
4) wi-fi or Bluetooth connectivity to a printer that is wifi or Bluetooth capable to auto print entire document on a letter size 8.5 x 11 print- and/or the legal size A4 page for those who may need.
I have such a printer with an iPhone app to auto-print photos at 4x6 - but that is too small for any legible document.
5) Lastly, it seemed when selecting a blank at the bottom or top of page, after done with text addition, the document would show up half off the screen. The only way I found to get it back was to click for another text area at the other end of the document so it would realign after edit completes. Big problem if you find your app doing like mine and picking s spot you previously entered text as once selected, your prior entry is wiped out and a blank left in it's place- very unfortunate for anyone not noticing there data is now incomplete.
With these, the app would easily be a 5-star tops in popularity. (even without a PDF editing ability) my rating was for 3.5 as it works, is a great invention for apps, but not quite there in ease of use and functionality. I was tempted to 4 star the app solely for your use of no ads to overpower the screen like most others have.
Kudos on your originality! Most apps are copies of another making the app store a true jungle of useless and nonfunctional items to deal with and all lacking originality and creative thought.
Nice idea. Poor implementation. Needs a lot of work to be useful.
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes